FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] United Express (UX) route cuts [2014 & onward]
Old May 22, 2014, 8:43 pm
B787938

This is pathetic. Simply pathetic. Project Quality! Cutting to prosperity and increasing shareholder value! Rah rah!

I guess I have only myself to blame. I would take a superior AS/QX Q400 running just about hourly any day of the week between PDX and SEA over an oddly timed UA/OO E120....and I do regularly. QX used to even throw a couple CRJ700s on PDX - SEA before they sold them to OO.

I really wonder how much of this decision is driven by the DL and OO relationship since the NW E120 flying was at OO risk? This whole industry just seems so incestuous and collusive now.

As far as PDX - LAX that is just sad. I remember flights when I was a wee lad between LAX and PDX on old UA 727-100s in the late 70s. UA used to OWN the west coast...literally. The original terminal building at PDX was constructed and owned by UA. The original foundation is still there and is near where the current fire station and FAA facility is off Marine Dr.

Last edited by B787938; May 22, 2014 at 8:49 pm