FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2014, 5:05 pm
Ben Lipsey
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Well done Ben and Ben; very refreshing to see some questions answered, even the 'trivial' ones. People here spend a lot of time on aircraft so it is interesting to see what is on people's minds.

My pet peeve is checking in while rushing (late as usual) to an airport served by AC and unable to print a BP, then finding the check in staff also serve as gate staff, and then missing my flight. Most recently happened in ATL, and I arrived 55 minutes before my flight, so had lots of time. This happens to me 3 or 4 times a year at ATL, BWI, and used to happen in MSY until check in was moved to United. Is it not possible to put check in kiosks in a couple of these airports? It seems you have made a significant investment in ATL check in already to compete with DL.

Thanks
In many of our smaller outstations we have the same ckin staff working as ground staff. You should never see an empty ckin desk prior to the flight closing, but at T-55 technically the flight is closed and you wouldn't be able to check in anyway so they make their way to the gate to begin the boarding process. As Ben mentioned, we are aiming to have a more consistent ground product going forward so you should see more kiosks soon, and the mobile BPs x/US are coming (or so I'm told).