FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2014, 4:50 pm
Ben Lipsey
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Also, is there any possibility of getting AC onto the UA hubs out of YYC? Specifically DEN, ORD, and SFO. I would even appreciate rouge service in SFO route. Looking at DEN there is a strong connection between the two cities with many YYC based companies with regional offices in the Denver area (Encana, Agrium, and Suncor come to mind but there are many others). For my little midsize energy services company, our USA headquarters is in Denver. Most people in my office prefer the CRA over the UAX CR7, while I am not advocating replacement of UA mainline service, augmenting the route with CRA would be an improvement and would drive YYC based traffic to AC express over UAX.
We try and stay away from operating our metal to OAL hubs. Not to say there is no value in adding a YYC-DEN AC flight, but we wouldn't operate it purely to feed a UA hub.

Originally Posted by WR Cage
For YYC Hawaii flts, when can we expect to see rouge on the run. If I need to do a year end mileage run, premium rouge earn rate to UA is very good, but I would need to see an early (ie July) commitment as to putting rouge 763 onto Hawaii.

AC used to offer once per week service YYC-MBJ and I believe YYC-CUN was operated by the 763. Is there any possibility of getting these services with rouge? Premium rouge with a Sandals all inclusive package through ACV would be a compelling value proposition.
We are always considering new route opportunities. That said, and this is pure speculation on my part, if it is not announced with the rest of the Winter sked, I wouldn't bank on it being added for W1415.