FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2014, 4:37 pm
CdnFlier

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
We invest in extensive and continuous training for our call centre agents. Obviously, policies change and sometimes you may catch someone who hasn't yet had a chance to familiarise his/herself with the new policy. We strive to ensure consistency, and we are working on new ways to make sure the first person you talk to will be able to appropriately handle your issue.
I have to say it's not always about understanding policy, some agents just don't know how to do things or don't understand how a ticket can be changed - it doesn't necessarily reflect new policy changes but, sometimes old rules. Much like Concierge's that used to be agents know all about the booking system and can be super helpful while new ones that came in off the street need to call ticketing for help with everything.

Originally Posted by yvr76
Speaking of web site, something that has always bothered me. I have to go to 4 separate spots to view my AC bookings:

- AC booked online -> My Bookings
- AC flight passes --> My Flight Passes -> Bookings
- AC booked over phone -> e-mail
- reward travel -> Aeroplan web site

I know the last one is complicated, but if my Aeroplan # is attached to my revenue phone bookings, web bookings and flight pass bookings, why can't I just see them all on one page on the web site?
+1 It would be great, even for bookings I make while not logged in but have my AE # associated for them all to show up.

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Passed your comments on to our web team. Stay tuned for a whole new website launching next year.
A new website is very exciting, hopefully the booking engine is a bit improved. I've noticed, since many of the flights I book start in YZF, that when there's a forced long stopover (beyond the usual 4 hour window) the web engine barfs on it. I used to have a contact I could e-mail with specific routings that didn't work, but it drives you nuts to find out you can't book basic routes via the website and need to call in (or use Expedia).