FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old May 22, 2014, 2:51 pm
diver858

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by diver858
I just went through a similar situation. Arrest was more than 10 years prior, system did not show that charges were dropped, was unable to obtain confirmation from any law enforcement, DA's office. Fortunately, we spoke with a lawyer at the time, who was nice enough to write a letter, confirming that the charges were dropped. CBP interviewing officer asked lots of questions, in the end "recommended me for GE".
So the good news is that I now have GE, the bad news is that on both attempts to use it, I was denied access, sent to a secondary holding area where a CBP agent reviewed my file, asked a bunch of questions, then released me. While neither were very specific, both referenced the arrest, indicated that as long as it remains in the fingerprint database, I will have to go through the same hassle.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I contacted my Congressman's office, filled out a Privacy Act Waiver, provided some details in an effort to learn what if anything could be done. Any other suggestions?