FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt no longer processing BRGs over the phone, new online form
Old May 22, 2014, 12:05 pm
suite2suite

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
They're also asking for a screenshot of the rate (in JPG/PDF form only), which should hopefully defend some against rate fluctuations between the time the rate appears and the time the Hyatt rep books it. But it's much different from the instant confirmation that came with the old system. The rep told me that it would be a much easier system for both parties. I can't say that I agree.
The screenshot of the rate we submit "will not" protect us at all.

Read on:
"When you submit an online claim form, you will be asked to provide the URL where the lower rate was found, and a screenshot showing the lower rate on the competing website. A Hyatt.com representative will attempt to validate availability of the lower rate, and verify that it complies with the Terms and Conditions of the guarantee. If the rate is no longer available, the guarantee will not apply."

That means for up to 24 hours the rate we submit has to stay the same.
We can almost be sure that if several claims are received for the same property, the competitive rate will be corrected after the first claim and the claims that immediately follow will be denied.

A solution would be for the claim to be handled within two hours and if a claim is not handled within that time, then the rate on the screenshot should be validated.