FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old May 22, 2014, 7:18 am
puchalskir

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by puchalskir
aau, did you get this sorted out? I just looked at my upcoming itinerary for a trip from EWR-TPE the long way and the last leg is OZ ICN-TPE. They moved that flight up so my cnx is only 45 minutes in ICN. There is another OZ flight 4 hours later that I hope they let me switch to.

Thanks.
Rich
I called OZ to see if they could just switch me to the later flight, which I saw had 2 award seats available in business. They said they couldn't and I would have to call US Air. They said they would leave the ticket as is.

I am willing to take the risk of missing my connection in ICN. I've transited through there before, so I think we can make a 45 minute connection. However, I have a few concerns.

When I show up to the airport to leave from EWR, will my ticket be valid even though I have an illegal connection? I don't want to get to EWR and have issues.

My connection is going from LH from MUC to an OZ flight (in business).
If I can just do carry on, I should be fine, but LH is notorious about carryons, but are they as strict with business class tickets?

If I miss my connection, would OZ still accommodate me on the next flight? I don't care about class of service.

If I miss the connection, would my return flight on Eva still be valid?

I can pay for my one-way flight from ICN-TPE if I miss the cnx, but I don't want my return flight to be cancelled.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

On another note, can anyone tell me if there is availability of any oneworld flights from ICN-TPE on June 29th after noon or on June 30th for 2 people?

Thanks.
Rich