FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old May 21, 2014, 2:48 pm
laxsnaogg

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I would be careful about email confirmations from HGP. It's well documented that you have 60 days from the date of enrollment to complete the 12 stays. There are quite a few posts in this thread indicating that Hyatt let's you maintain the Diamond status until the end of the second month (which for those that join in May, would be 7/31). Perhaps the agent that sent your confirm was misinformed.

As a very timely example; I was accepted into the challenge yesterday, and received the following (note it says Feb 2015 for Diamond status, which is wrong).

"Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2015, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points. "

I immediately called HGP, and was told that it was an error, and that sometimes the phone reps have their own/outdated templates (scary). My rep was kind enough to send me a new corrected confirm:

"Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points.

If you have any questions regarding your account or anything relating to Hyatt Gold Passport, please let me know.

Best Regards,"

Perhaps because you have it in writing they would honor it, but personally I wouldn't want to take the chance to find out...

In case it helps those that have been asking about timing...I emailed HGP yesterday morning, and received a challenge acceptance confirm about 2 hours later. About 2 hours after that, my account reflected Diamond status. By the next morning, the suite upgrades were reflected in my account.

Last edited by laxsnaogg; May 21, 2014 at 3:01 pm