FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS
Old May 21, 2014, 8:29 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by PtsJunkieWI
It adds a few steps, but I'm heading out today to try this.

For those who can get RelIt cards (via CC), and load them to the T-mobile card... the purchase fee is refunded if the load amount is > $300. So essentially can load $300-$500 for no cost.

I'm going to see if the T-mobile card works for Emerald swipe reload at WM. I have no reason to believe it won't. IF it works, and is only for $500 max. Then the fee cost is the same as VR. If it works for $999.99 then it is half the cost of VR loading... but takes time and driving.

Why worth it? LOTS of reports of T-M shutdowns using their billpay feature. Emerald billpay is painless and minimal cost IMO. It's just a matter of getting the $$ moved around. (before you suggest it... I already move about the max in MOs that I'm comfy with across my banks. So this is about above & beyond that).

Will report back later.
To each their own but if you do this you are throwing away the ability to use your CCs for another $5k per month . There are still places to get VRs with a CC depending on ones location. Or depending on what you earn back from your CC RR @ WM can still be profitable

Your worried about $5k per month into your bank via MOs.I do more then that per week. Could be you arent well established with your bank