FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old First [voucher or Avios now proactively offered]
Old May 21, 2014, 7:46 am
Howard Long

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
What the selfish idiot doesn't realise is that (a) he's ruining the F experience for the other 13 pax and (b) if he could just get over himself he'd have a less worse experience. In his defence, I fear he might be emotionally challenged in some way. Maybe he just lost his job or his wife had left him or something, can't think why might happen.

What is it about row 2 on the 744 anyway? I was in 1A and had an idiot in 2K doing a very similar thing in BKK a year or so ago when prior to pushback the APU failed so there was no air conditioning, not very pleasant in BKK! He spent the next goodness knows how long huffing and puffing very much in the same vein as jamiebf describes, maybe it was the same person. He kept banging on how he'd be sending missives to the CEO as he claimed he flew BA an awful lot, although he didn't seem to know who the CEO was. I gave the CC member who was being exceptionally patient and courteous a Golden Ticket at the exit as a result.

It was so cringeworthy that between the pax in 1K, a GGL, and me, we ended up in stitches every time he went off on one. Not sure that really helped the situation though!

In short, to the DYKWIAs out there, please don't embarrass yourself!