FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2014, 10:28 pm
Diabeetus

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Okay, Bens...my turn for a Q.

Having been demoted from a full fledged Elite a few years ago to a mere 35% Elite today for more or less the same amount of traveling, the message received and understood by many of us is that in AC's estimation we were overvalued and needed to be reset. The question is, are we done now, or is the intent to offload us completely?

Supplemental question: I'm pretty much done as an AC loyalist. I have no idea how many other demoted Es are in the same situation. Does it matter to AC? Can I expect any kind of olive branch to get me back?

Thanks.
Having ranged from 25k-75k miles over the past 10 years, I think the 35k for elite was an exceptionally good deal. People were taking advantage of AC to get Star Gold (similar to Aegean now) because it was so easy to get. I loved the MLL access at and red SSWU upgrade coupons at 35k, but the program was so over subscribed.

Many times along the way, I thought that 35k was too low for full elite status, and I really didn't need to do very much flying to get it. I do feel that 50k for full elite makes more sense. Look at what you get (or don't get) with UA's premier levels.

I personally think they should remove the 35k level altogether. 25-50-75-100 makes a lot more sense.