FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2014, 10:07 pm
WR Cage

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Let's talk YYC service.

Thanks for your response on YYC-IAH regarding the CRA equip. IIRC the CRA equipment does a V routing YYZ-IAH-YYC and reverse. Therefore is it possible to put Sky regional E75 onto the run. This would comply with the teamsters restrictions regarding IAH. While I like the CRA, I think this aircraft is better fit for the under 2hr routes. Based in reviews from around the office (HQ in YYC and significant offices in IAH and AUS) moving to the Embraer would put AC on more competitive footing.

Also, is there any possibility of getting AC onto the UA hubs out of YYC? Specifically DEN, ORD, and SFO. I would even appreciate rouge service in SFO route. Looking at DEN there is a strong connection between the two cities with many YYC based companies with regional offices in the Denver area (Encana, Agrium, and Suncor come to mind but there are many others). For my little midsize energy services company, our USA headquarters is in Denver. Most people in my office prefer the CRA over the UAX CR7, while I am not advocating replacement of UA mainline service, augmenting the route with CRA would be an improvement and would drive YYC based traffic to AC express over UAX.

For YYC Hawaii flts, when can we expect to see rouge on the run. If I need to do a year end mileage run, premium rouge earn rate to UA is very good, but I would need to see an early (ie July) commitment as to putting rouge 763 onto Hawaii.

AC used to offer once per week service YYC-MBJ and I believe YYC-CUN was operated by the 763. Is there any possibility of getting these services with rouge? Premium rouge with a Sandals all inclusive package through ACV would be a compelling value proposition.

Finally what are the next steps for YYC-FRA? LH tried the run and tanked, but then heard from many people that LH c class was inferior to AC J class. We now have the 77W for the summer. Is there ever a possibility of getting a Double daily option onto the route? Problem i see with double daily is that AC might not have the right aircraft, is the 788 too many seats to go double daily? Double daily 763 is a natural growth from single daily 333 and alternative to 77W if your have the slots, but the 788 is just over 500 seats at double daily.

What is achievable from YYC perspective for enhanced AC services?