FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2014, 5:09 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by flyquiet
<snip> I read on FT about things people do to "simply" contact AC, and I cannot. Like 1% of the population, I am deaf. <snip> Can you give me any hope?
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
I'll have to admit I'm not an expert in this field but your request sounds reasonable so let me see what we can do to better address your needs.
Thank you for responding and holding out hope. One problem we have when dealing with major corporations is that there are often internal company experts or consultants all too willing to take your money to itemize our needs for you, but they do not live with our experience and make up processes that are outdated and don't reflect our real experience. (Other example I mentioned in another thread, FAs are trained to approach occupants of seats noted as "deaf" on the manifest, and ask orally "can you lipread?" Well, I can lipread that, but don't count on me lipreading everything.) I wish process designers would listen to us rather than having our needs represented by these agents. I would be more than happy to share my 2c at any time, and I suspect most frequent flyers with disabilities would as well.