FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Priority One
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2014, 4:09 pm
Blackcloud

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Omg that seriously sounds like almost the craziest thing I have ever heard. I know of plane enthusiasts who like hanging out at the airport, and I get that -but to go there for a coffee and go home just because is a scary thought. The more I fly the less I love the airport. The irony is the more I fly the less time I spend there. I avoid it, get there last minute, routinely bypass my 'earned benefits' such as the "relaxing lounge" etc.
Been there and done that with the Qantas Club, even arranged meetings at the AKL QP when QF was flying domestic.

I too have started to arrive at airports closer to departure time, lounge offering decreasing in value for me. I even skipped SYD QF First Lounge to do some shopping. I was not terribly hungry and knew I would get something decent to eat in Business Class. For my frequent domestic flights I sometimes eat breakfast at home instead of the KC, but it does depend on how I feel in the morning, which all indicates I will not renew my KC membership at the end of the year.