FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 1765 FLL SFO - Total Chaos - What Was UA Thinking??
Old May 18, 2014, 8:24 pm
FiveMileFinal

Programs: Lawl COVID
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
A perfect representation of my post merger experiences with Jeff's airline. Happy 2 years in relative peace away from Jeff's UA. Still 0 segments and couldn't be more pleased.

People who can should leave- many of us already have. I feel sorry for those who can't.
Hear, hear. ^^

United makes "the devil you know" even worse...I can't believe I waited as long as I did to finally quit that abusive relationship. And now I see many people still getting the shaft and yet continuing to give them money like things are going to improve. If United cared about improving, they would have changed course on all these devaluations, cutbacks, and poor customer service strategies long ago. They're not interested.

I've been doing great. Cathay Pacific for my Asia sectors have been a treat. Even when we were late, the staff was great, they kept us up to date on what was going on and why. And they did their best to make it up later. I fly my first SF-Portland segment on Virgin America this coming week. I've got $1000 booked on combination economy/first on Alaska for trips to and from Seattle, and I'm about to put together a $6000 E/PE/Biz journey through various European cities this summer on British Airways. I'm crediting to the airlines I fly...not even worried about status...I just buy the cabin I can afford. It is such a refreshing change.

I'm not missing United one little bit. But I am loving coming here and seeing the daily trainwrecks! To those who continue to stick around...it only takes one step to leave, but you gotta take it!