FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent: Getting an EU Passport Stamp Retroactively
Old May 18, 2014, 3:03 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by javabytes
Are you sure they didn't stamp? When flipping through my passport after entering the Schengen area at FCO recently, I thought they didn't stamp, but then I found it on my third or fourth read through... they stamped over an existing US stamp with very faint ink. On the exit stamp, they got the date wrong.
I've been flying in and out of Italy (going/coming from Non-Schengen) around 20 times.. if I remember correctly, about 6 times the immigration officer didn't wanted to see my passport all together, around 8 times he was already happy when I saw I had a big white cross on my passport hull (without taking the passport out - could have been anything), around 4 times he just had a look (from outside) on my passport, and at exactly 2 times my passport was actually (very quickly) opened

Sure, I don't need a stamp, but still, Italy's immigration always surprises me.. but then it's the same country that gives asylum seekers on a regular base some money and a ticket to France/Switzerland/Germany, despite all contracts they've signed..