FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United First Class with the Pre-Merger 757-200s of United Airlines FLL-ORD-IAD-FLL
Old May 18, 2014, 7:06 am
blackjack-21

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Thanks for posting your TR. I too really enjoyed flights on the B757's throughout the many years they've been flying, and I'll miss their rocket-like takeoffs and fast climbs when they're all finally gone. Most of my flights on the -57's were on the AA aircraft, but we (my wife and I) always found them to be comfortable planes, no matter where they took us, but that was before more seats were crammed into the aircraft, decreasing the pitch for those of us in the back. One flight from a while back on AA took us from DFW to YYZ at a cruise altitude of 41,000 feet, according to the pilot, and it was just as comfortable at that height as flying at 35/37,000 feet.

We'll miss them when they're gone, with nothing with that distinctive droopy nose and stilt-like landing gear and the rocket takeoff being apparantly on the horizon. We may yet be on one in the fall, if they're still flying on the UA EWR-LHR route, and I wonder what they'll replace the B757 with for the EWR-BFS and other lightly flown routes in the future.

Thanks for your trip report. Brought back some fond memories.

bj-21.