FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LON - RKV Redemption?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2014, 5:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aceman
stick to WOW air, previously Iceland express!

http://wowair.co.uk
One oddity of WOW is that you can book - as part of the upselling process during reservation - for the seat next to you to remain empty. I don't think it's "your" seat since I think they pair you in with another passenger doing the same. WOW were used by BA to rebook some passengers recently, when they had a diversion to KEF.

I've got an Air Berlin flight to Iceland coming up in a few weeks, via DUS, which outbound is fine but it looked to me that all the returns were overnight. Plenty of availability, but not RFS obviously but 20k Avios and £41.60 return. The choice was DUS, HAM, MUC, TXL and VIE. I find the AB website a bit tricky to work with in terms of planning, they blur in all the connections with the direct services, so I often use oneworld.com to see the routes they fly on, via the interactive map, and then use the oneworld pdf schedule to see the times.