FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report - a crazy week: DUS-CDG-SIN-HKG-SIN-CDG-DUS on AF P and J, SQ J and CX J
Old May 17, 2014, 12:43 am
olivedel

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
CDG to SIN in AF La Première (P) class on the A380

Taking the stairs to board an A380 in the night is a nice experience :

Our host leaded us into the 1L door and presented us to the crew. We had the great surprise of having the whole 9-seat A380 P-cabin for the 2 of us!

Our 2 crew members were very friendly and professional. The more senior one was very cheerful, and wanted to make this flight an experience for us, avgeeks. The more junior one was doing her first flight in La Première and she was very professional too. Crew members working in La Première cabin at Air France are specifically trained and are dedicated to this service. I had the opportunity to meet again the more junior FA in a flight to ABJ and she remembered my name and even my wine preferences a few months later !

The captain came to check if everything was OK. We asked him if it was possible to visit the cockpit, and he said that is was possible right now before pushback. All the pilots welcomed us but we left pretty soon as we felt they were quite busy.

After another glass of champagne, we finally pushed back from the gate and, after a short taxi time, took off from runway 26R.

Once airborne, just after lights went back on, the crew came to present us the amuse-bouche :

Afterwards, the menu:

... And the wine list:

We both had window seats (2A & 3A) but, as we had the whole La Première cabin for ourselves, we decided to have dinner in 3E/F. The flight attendant came to set our tables. We took this opportunity to use the changing room and bathroom to put our pajamas on!

The service was really customized to us, they kept an eye on us to check whether we were done, if our glasses were empty or if we were in need for bread.

The cauliflower soup and foie gras were really awesome

The lobster risotto was excellent too, and very generous.

The desert was so-so to my taste, the chocolate sauce did not bring a lot to it.

While we were having dinner, one of the flight attendants prepared our beds for the night with a comfy pillow and a mattress pad.

As soon as we were ready to go to bed, the flight attendant came to wish us a good night and prepare a small fresh fruits and snacks buffet in one of the 7 unoccupied seats (seat 2L). The small buffet that was dressed for us was made with top-notch products of course.

Goldorak slept for the next 8 hours straight. I woke up a couple of times, and always the junior flight attendant came to give me a glass of iced sparkling water and lemon.

As we woke up, one of the FAs came to serve us an expresso along with a freshly squeezed orange juice.

They also set the table for breakfast on the same pair of middle seats we used for dinner.
Goldorak chose the crepes while I went for the eggy option, and both were great, with a slight preference for the famous F crepes!

Soon, it was time for landing in Singapore. We settled back to our seats and safely landed in SIN. We got to the gate on time.
Two ladies were waiting for us at the gate holding placards with our names. They took our hand luggage for us and loaded them into a buggy. We crossed all the airport terminals with our buggy, among duty-free shops and pax walking around

Soon we were at a dedicated immigration checkpoint in the CIP terminal (Commercially Important Persons). They stamped our passports and we were welcomed in the JetQuay CIP lounge, to wait for our bags to be retrieved from the carrousel by the lounge staff. We were given an enveloppe AF-branded with instructions for our return flight : we have to go directly to the CIP terminal for private check-in and the name of a local AF agent + phone number was provided for any question or service needed for our return flight).

Our bags were loaded in a taxi and we were off to the city! Very nice arrival service for Air France P PAX at Changi!