FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 A+ Credits Expiring - Let them Die?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2014, 8:37 pm
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by BBDDPP
I have no idea what to do with these 2 lonely A+ credits, as much as I hate to waste any miles/credits -- I have no flights coming up so I assume it makes no sense to try and keep these alive in the hopes of getting a few southwest points out of them down the line? They expire June 1.
If you have Southwest points or can get them by transfering Hotel or UR points to Southwest or by some other method so that you get 16 A+ Credits (1200 Southwest points = 1 credit) before your credits expire you can transfer the Credits to Southwers Rapid Rewards and create a Southwest Standard Award that will expire one year after creation (June 1 2015 at the latest).

If you then transfer that Standard Award to Airtran creating 16 Airtran credits expiring on the same date as the Standard Award, on November 1 your A+ Credits will be convertred to Southwest points which never expire (as long as you earn at least one point every two years).

There is also reputedly another method that involves exploiting a flaw in Southwest's software where if the creadits are transfered on the day they are supposed to expire they are automagically extenderd. I don't know how it works of it is still does.

Perhaps someone can explain that option to you.

To save the your credits you better get crackin'
Or decide they aren't worth it.