FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 16, 2014, 10:58 am
BobR

Thanks for your post. I stayed here about a week after it opened (in December?) and had a somewhat different experience. We were put in a room on the narrow North side of the building (view of the arena and H House two blocks away).

I had thought the room was quite small for a H Place ("but I am a Diamond...") and the furnishings and fittings were truly unremarkable. It had a cramped feel.

Very glad the rooms facing the skyline are better, I'll ask for one of those next time I am there. The view from the 10th floor lobby is very good.

Based on this single experience I generally default to the nearby Hyatt House which I have always found to be a great property. They provided me with two complementary upgrades to a suite, which is a fantastic room with a large patio (but it may have the worst view in Charlotte). Thanks to your review I'll give the downtown HP another shot.

There is also a new Rocco Whalen restaurant on the roof of the building (Farenheit). I have heard good things about it, although it is $$$.

Unrelated to Hyatt in Charlotte, I have heard that the downtown Mariott is about to be renovated and converted to a JW.