FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best International and Domestic Carry On Bag
Old May 16, 2014, 12:29 am
Wise-Broccoli8301

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Please understand that I am not aiming this at you but rather the actions of the agent, but this is what really garners the most ill-will and bad feelings between typical passengers, the elite flyers, and the airlines. To play favorites in such a situation, in such a blatant way, I think really reflects poorly on frequent travelers. Yes, we do have benefits from being such frequent flyers and get priority handling, but it should be handled in an orderly, policy driven way. Not based on how fancy your clothes or bags are. I hate to think that we are still in a time when looks are the most important factor. I don't need or want to be competing on whether my luggage fits the airlines style guide.
Yeah. I do hate this because I am a frequent business traveler, and if it's anything like a redeye or something that I can get some shuteye, I'll dress like a total slob with my gym pants and a t-shirt so I can sleep. Just as long as I have enough time to make it to the lounge and change I'll make sure I dress comfortable. Have I probably missed a few upgrades here and there as a result? Yep.