FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2014, 8:36 pm
canopus27

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
This is a challenging one.
Flyers and companies are often in conflict over how best to manage travel costs. It always amazes me how well paid employees are often forced to wait or take less optimal routings to save small amounts of money which in my books is false economy.
omg ... this. Yes.

I won't name my employer in a public forum, but I'll happily share the name with you when I'm there on Tuesday. But for reasons that I emphatically disagree with, my employer has chosen to go the "lowest cost" route. The smallest of dollar savings cause me a lot of pain ... but it is what it is.

Over the years, I have personally directed a lot of travel towards AC (900K lifetime, not quite the 1MM yet) ... but as my employer forces me to choose lowest cost, and that means Tango, and that means I lose many of the frequent flyer benefits ... it puts me between a rock and a hard space that I'd rather not be in.

I can't change my company's travel rules, I just have to live (and fly) with them - but I'd hate for that to get me to a place where the small choices I do have (which today, allow me to tip the balance towards AC) mean that I end up flying more with someone else (who honestly, generally is cheaper) with a resulting loss for both AC & me.