FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2014, 8:35 pm
YYCYYZ

Programs: AC*SE100K
I'd like to thank Ben & Ben for the answers.

It appears there has been an internal change at AC to engage FT members (and/or more top tier members) which in my opinion can be a highly successful way to moderate what is sometimes a forum of rampant speculation.

I haven't like everything I have heard (10 abreast Y, pitch only improvements for Y+ when I find width to be >>> important than pitch, rouging of Hawaii) but at least now we have real data points and I feel much more engaged even for reading this thread.

I was within an inch of quitting AC/AE when the latest round of enhancements was implemented for 2014 without notice, and while I'm still not a fan of many of these moves, this new round of engagement has me viewing the situation in a more positive light.

As an SE, I personally would take a dim view of a "materially" reduced number of J seats on the 777s as it would impact upgrades, which is really the crown jewel of the Altitude program now. But apparently, they won't be "materially" reduced, while also avoiding the hideous 77HD J seats, so I'm thinking that's a win.

Also, +1 to the previous comment of keeping a more consistent ground staff training for priority boarding.

I hope this new engagement continues (even at a reduced pace).