FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 15, 2014, 3:31 pm
ktkw

Originally Posted by maddie5218
I know nobody can have a 100% yes or no answer to this, but I'm curious what you guys might think since Citi seems to be giving these bad boys out like candy.

My brother is going to be studying abroad in New Zealand from July-November and is trying to get a card that has no FTF and will give him at least enough miles to go from NZ to Bali.

I had suggested he apply for the United card from Chase because he would get both of those things. However, Chase has apparently recently upped their minimum credit line for this card to $5,000 because I have a card that was given a lower line than that and have friends who were given smaller lines than that as well. Chase didn't think he qualified to have a $5,000 limit, which I understand because he doesn't have much credit history.

Do you think there's any chance he would be approved for this card? I understand this one also has a $5,000 minimum, but they seem to give these out super easily. His CK score is 693. AAoA is 10 months. Oldest credit card is like 4-5 months old and is a Discover Student card. His AAoA is at that because of student loans that are older.

Thoughts?
Very low chances with his first card being only 4-5 months old. I only had my first card in 2012 Dec and was rejected by chase southwest in july 2013. Then After the 1 year I was able to so a AOR and get AA, CSP, and many other cards. I think the general minimum is 1 year to have a good chance, and this is after looking around different credit card/score forums.