FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage-earning Strategy after Making MVP Gold 75K
Old May 15, 2014, 12:00 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
The main reason gold is high enough for me is, other than 50K bonus miles, 75K doesn't get you anything that Gold wont, if you primarily fly partners.
Sounds like the OP does spend a bit of time on the West Coast and to the East on AS as well (lower % of miles) but having top tier for upgrades does help. Just this morning I cleared AS871 the redeye from HNL to ANC, which I am grateful for (moved just last week after my first upgrade cleared- but only two seats open under T-48). A friend flies a bit as MVPG but seems to miss out of upgrades to/from ANC as MVPG. I think as a 75K that would help a lot.

As for the OP- that is quite the pace you have set! If you're having luck burning & earning on partners easily I'd be inclined to keep with AS. Diversification can work well, but if its working now, why change?