FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Resort Fees : How are benefits that are already free handled at SPG properties ?
Old May 15, 2014, 8:47 am
pdx1M

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LISAA
I am at Westin palm desert, mission hills. Checked in on C&P and there is the resort fee, plus parking. I mentioned that there should be an alternate amenity because there is no spg lounge, new agent talked to another gentleman and he said we offer points or breakfast to our platinum guests, nothing else. I asked him if there was an alternate amenity or waive the resort fee, and he looked blank, no dice. After we checked in and discovered that the Jacuzzi here is closed and the pool is cloudy, no way do I plan on paying the resort (loosely said) fee. No water in my room, no " thank you for ten years platinum" I believe that this is my LAST stay here. Shame.
If you are at the Westin Mission Hills (not the Villas) then the standard plat alternative amenity is $5 off your resort fee. Pretty lame but that is what I have gotten there now for a few years.