FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2014, 8:41 am
psycosis

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Point taken, but consider that the segment of the FF population that actively hangs about on here probably hovers around 1%. Even if you are active and are on here every day, there are thousands of others who are not. So if we were to publish the upgrade scheme, and if that managed to somehow integrate itself into the minds of all of our customers, that is the list by which they would expect to be upgraded.

Now, I'm sure many of you have met the DYKWIA types, indeed there are numerous threads on here illustrating their behaviour in their natural habitat; if you then take it one step further and assume the DYKWIA knows the 'old' upgrade system but hasn't yet familiarised him- or herself with the 'new' one -- well I'm sure you can imagine the scene that would unfold at the boarding gate. (Of course later to be transposed on here and met with a series of )
Long time lurker here.. but this response made me say something. Are you really trying to justify not posting the rules because people would then except the rules to be followed?

AC/AP have rule changes all the time. Every year there are changes that effect all ff, but they are posted and if people complain, they can be referred to the post. The scene at the boarding gate would be much easier for anyone when the agent can say, goto aircanada.com for the details as opposed to, that is just the way it is.