FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]
Old May 13, 2014, 5:13 pm
Svantevit

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by thearmada
Anyone have any experience with talking to SAS about this? I did an optiontown upgrade 3 months before the flight and just learned about this 1.5 weeks before the flight. It makes no sense to do the Plus upgrade now...
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Just stepped of the plane - and unfortunately I was in SAS plus.

Standard economy seats with a little extra leg room. And food/drink according to plus catering. And the kicker - They haven't installed the IFE yet this we were informed about 5 min before boarding.

I feel a letter to SK customer care coming up.

Svantevit
I have now gotten the reply from SK customer care.

The first reply came after about 1.5 weeks. They basicly told me that SAS Plus was considered a combined product and therefore no compensation . The missing IFE was compensated with 5.000 points.

I then wrote them a new letter (somewhat stronger worded) and told them that if they felt that an economy seat, economy food and economy drinks was considered as an enhanced product worth the considerable price difference, then a) they were not trustworthy and b) I would reconsider my commitment to SK.

Two days letter I got an reply saying that they had just changed their stand on this and that I would get 15.000 points in compensation and their appologies ^. Points credited at the same time.

I consider this case close for my part.

Svantevit