FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre✓™ (PreCheck) on Alaska Airlines - Questions and Experiences (2012-21)
Old May 13, 2014, 1:52 pm
ctporter

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
Just used the D gates precheck at SEA. 12 folks in precheck line, 1 person in premium line and 4 or so in the 2 general lines. Like a fool, I stuck with the precheck line. Half the folks didn't know what it was, didn't know what to do, didn't understand why they could leave their shoes on, one guy still pulled his stuff out, it took forever as I looked longingly at the empty xray machine and nude-o-scope in the other aisle. And to top it off, I got beeped for random additional screening. Ugh, I hate flying.
By "D" gates do you mean checkpoint 5? (the most north one) 'cause if so, that one is notoriously s l o w. Sometimes I think the TSA a gens look for passengers with a phone in their pocket, steel toes shoes, $14.00 worth of coins in their front pockets, 4 layers of sweaters and coats, and of course a filled water bottle to send through that line. BUT, the chosen passengers only remove their scarves and cameras (leaving in the laptops and 311 baggie) sigh. I find myself repeating often, no need to take out your laptop, no need to tai out your 311, to the few passengers that seem to "get it".

That is why even when I fly out of N, I walk down to checkpoint 3, very fast line and two lanes for pre through the detectors. I figure the extra walking is good for me and my girlish figure