FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 London Marathon - Children with Cancer UK
Old May 13, 2014, 1:51 pm
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Hi everyone!

Wow!! It's been a MONTH!?!? ALREADY!?! So, how has the last month gone??

- As some fellow FTers are aware, on April 14 I flew LHR LAX; my sister was returning home and I had a stopover on my way to the Japan DO. Upon landing at LAX, I learned I was successful in the Chicago Marathon ballot. Yes, as I was stiff from a long flight I read my email with GLEE! Ha!

It is on October 12th - Columbus Day weekend. If any FTers ate around, it'd be great to meet up! So much for thinking I'd have to figure out what to do with the time "gained" from not running 1-2 or more hours per week!

- Following a lot of walking in Japan, which was really good for keeping sore/stiff muscles at a minimum, I had a couple of mellow weeks. I've run a 10k (1h11m...not the slowest nor a PB) and had a few good training runs. My semi annual physical fitness test for the Navy is this week...not sure a mile will seem like much!!

- I'm booked in for a half in Dublin the first weekend in August and may do a Loch Ness 10k before Chicago.

I received two emails from Children with Cancer today. One was inviting me to apply for their 2015 team. More importantly, the other stated OVER £1.5 million was raised by this years team!!! WOW!!

I'm very glad so many of you shared in this journey and supported the cause!

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and support!!!

robin