FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old May 13, 2014, 9:56 am
miles4sheli

CitiBusiness/AAdvantage Cards

Originally Posted by firsttimeflying
Question,

After reading the post, searching the thread, and going over the FAQ. I have a question: I have several businesses LLCs. If I understand correctly, can I fill out a business application every 90 days with no restrictions (you can keep churning the same card with a different LLC)? ....Or will it ping my credit score if I open more than two or so? ....For each business application I intend to use the same AAdvantage number. Is this okay? Based my on research I should be fine....
Hi,
We have had several CitiBusiness/AAdvantage Cards over the years, beginning in 2008. Based on what I've read on these boards, experiences vary on this type of card. After a while, Citi will make it difficult for the business to keep getting cards, but I wouldn't let that stop me from applying (for example, right now we are at a standstill with new cards. Their reason is that we have had multiple AAdvantage sign-up bonuses in the past. But I realize that Citi's rules for being a "new cardmember" are very different---see Wiki). But I think in your case, having different LLCs will benefit you and give you more flexibility. Yes, you can use the same AAdvantage # for each application.

Here's a few Data Points:
Whenever you cancel a Business Card, be sure to ask for confirmation in writing that both the Corporate AND Individual Employee Account is cancelled (see Wiki for more). Having the corporate account still open has created numerous problems for other posters in re-applying. Retention offers vary for the Business Cards. I have personally had the annual fee waived for the 2nd year/1st fee, with a spend $750, get 750 bonus for 16 months during that same year. I have also NOT had a similar offer for the 2nd year (1st fee period) for other cards. If you plan to cancel a card, you can call even a few months prior to the anniversary date to see what they can do. They will usually offer spend $5K, get 10K bonus miles within 6 months. If you have enough time to make the spend, you are still able to cancel within 30 (or 37) days of the fee being assessed and keep the bonus miles. While others have had success with retention offers every 6 months, I have only been able to receive 1 per 12 months.
To date, none of our CitiBusiness Cards appear on our personal credit reports as accounts, although the inquiries are sometimes reported (YMMV). I was told by a CSR that closures are only reported to Dun & Bradstreet.
A business is limited to 2 accounts PER BUSINESS. (The rule used to be 3, but it is clearly 2 now, at least in my case). This can be a Visa and a MasterCard or 2 Visas or 2 MCs, but no more than 2 TOTAL. 1 employee can have one and someone else have the 2nd. I'm pretty sure you can still have 2 per person, but I'm not positive (UPDATE 5/21: On a targeted offer, the language reads, "This MasterCard offer is not available to you if you already have a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage card account. Additionally, this offer is valid only for first time CB/AA World MC cardmembers....."). But ONLY 2 per business (you can, however, add an authorized user to an account and it only counts as 1 corporate account).
Hope that helps!

Last edited by miles4sheli; May 21, 2014 at 10:08 am