FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "La Première Suite" will be revealed to the public on May 7th, 2014 [merged]
Old May 13, 2014, 1:00 am
Zembla

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I can relate to your passion (note that the NCE-JFK route first when from wonderful Pan Am to twa for a brief period before DL took over). My fear though is that ducasse designed meals today will be a far cry from Verge's designed meals at the time in the sense that IMHO, current star chef meals in the air are often disappointing and ultimately still ready made meals that get warmed up for the wrong time and at the wrong temperature by crew who have no particular competence in food preparation. So not sure the Ducasse will eork much better than the Robuchon or the Roth.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Except if there is a trained person on board

Since a few years the crew in P do get special training on heating and plating dishes. This wasn't the case in the past, and imho the difference shows. Having said that, I think the inflight catering in P is good, but certainly not exceptional.