FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United First Class with the Pre-Merger 757-200s of United Airlines FLL-ORD-IAD-FLL
Old May 12, 2014, 12:25 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Hi everyone, some updates:

US Airways Envoy Suites journey is on Saturday. Routing is FLL-PHL-MCO. Stay tuned! Aircraft is an A330-200.

Also on the same day I'm going to try out American Airlines angle-flat business class with the routing of MCO-MIA, which will be a separate thread.

I'm looking into doing Alaskan First Class FLL-SEA-FLL but cannot seem to find a same day routing. Price R/T seems to vary between $700 up to $900 same day.

Virgin America is still on the cards, just need to find a routing that isn't $1,800 roundtrip...
Just to give you the heads up, FLL - PHL doesn't get a meal service (just an enhanced snack basket with small finger sandwiches) while MIA - PHL does. If you can, try to switch to MIA so that you experience US Airways' new F meal service (before the AA merger, meals were served only on flights over 3.5 hours).

The US A332s are very nice up front.

AS F, for me, is a big let down these days.

I certainly wouldn't pay $1,800 for VX F, though it is an excellent product. Usually, they run F specials during the summer and you can get F one-way for about $650.