FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United First Class with the Pre-Merger 757-200s of United Airlines FLL-ORD-IAD-FLL
Old May 12, 2014, 8:22 am
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Great TR! Your enthusiasm is infectious. My college a cappella group did a lot of touring, and back in the days of plentiful op-ups I got moved to int'l J several times. It felt glamorous as could be!

I'm on UA 752s all the time now between SFO and BOS, often in F since I try to fly at awkward times in order to secure CPUs. I don't mind the food as much as some here, and the service has consistently been really good. My only quibbles are the poor legroom in F -- those underseat electronics really get in the way -- and the lack of wifi. It can be a nearly seven-hour flight westward if headwinds are strong.

Oh, and one last thing: never tip the desk agents at the lounge, only the bartender. In fact it's only customary if you get an alcoholic beverage, something you won't have to worry about for a few years. The desk agents are professionals, and shouldn't have accepted a tip even if offered. No harm done though!