FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel out of TLV [merged experience reports & tips]
Old May 11, 2014, 7:01 pm
macmet

Programs: AC SE, IHG-Pt, HH-D, BW-D
I just wanted to comment on the experience that morning.

I arrived at the airport around 5:00am, so 2.5 hours early. I was one of only about 20-30 people in the Lufthansa area, but was able to use the business line and was in and out of the ticketing in less than 10 minutes.

I had a letter from the company I was visiting and went through security quickly. I haven't decided yet if the letter hurts or helps the process, because I have had some long long experiences even with the letter.

But this time, I was through ticketing, security and the final passport check in less than 30 minutes. Next time I would probably arrive a little bit later.

One issue I did have was that the Lufthansa drop off point is not well marked and I had to convince my cab driver to take me to the arrivals area for a drop off. The lounge was busier than usual as well, but I found the Wifi seemed to be working better somehow. I didn't really have any major complaints, which is unusual when leaving TLV. jk.

It would definitely be nice if they improved the food selection in the lounge though.