FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How do I book an award for someone else when I won't be present?
Old May 10, 2014, 8:55 pm
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I've been vocal about this.

I've also mentioned I've been present for things such as this. I completely understand it was NOT your intent to do this. So I'll ask, are you upset because a hotel employee wanted to enforce a rule or are you upset in the manner how it was delivered?

I'm glad this happened and it should happen more. However, it should be done in a tactful manner.
Firstly... I was not pleased about the manner of the delivery. Instead of addressing my wife, she addressed the other front desk agent in a snippy manner while my wife was standing there.

Secondly, per the T&C, I do not feel I broke any rules at all. "Under Section 3 - REDEEMING STARPOINTS... 3.1.c. SPG Awards are typically non-transferable, but certain SPG Awards may be given to a third party where an SPG Member makes the request at the time the SPG Award is issued. The guest using the SPG Award may be required at check-in to show proper identification and provide a credit card to the SPG Participating Hotel for incidental charges."

I absolutely made the request at the time of the award just in-case I was not able to make it (which I missed her by one day due to a work issue). She did have to show proper ID and did provide a credit card for incidental charges just as stated in the T&C.