FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to Buy Euros in the US because.....
Old May 10, 2014, 10:25 am
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by jeff191
Weighing the pros/cons of this vs. airport ATM since I'll be landing in Prague rather late w/ family and don't know how receptive a 6 year old will be to looking for an ATM at that hour.
Should not be a problem, but what I did last year was to go to FOREX and exchange a very small amount of money, just enough to pay for bus/Metro.

Suspect that is not an option with 6 year old, but as pragueairport.co.uk (see bottom of this post) states, for a small hit you can easily exchange just enough money.

Originally Posted by Romelle
CLICK HERE for info on PRG ATMs.

I just looked it up. Can't speak from personal experience, but I would hope it is reliable.

Romelle
Interesting web site, though wonder why Prague Airport would have a UK domain

Originally Posted by pragueairport.co.uk
Money exchange recommendation.
TIP: If you want to exchange money at the airport change as little as possible because the Travelex airport exchange fee is quite high. Also it is not advisable to exchange money before you go to Prague due to the low trading in currency. For this reason, the buy and sell margin in currency exchange is quite high. The best option is to withdraw cash using your debit card upon arrival. We have never had a problem with any UK-issued cards.
Bolding mine.