FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old May 9, 2014, 9:52 pm
choupeo

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by fromagie
I changed my routing on this slightly but was still expecting to get hit with the YQ surcharge.

My new routing is SFO-LHR in BA F, <stopover>, LHR-MXP in BA J, MXP-HKG in CX F, <destination>, HKG-SFO in CX F.

I called last night to price out the itinerary. The connection was poor but what I *heard* was that this was going to cost 55k miles and $864.79 in taxes which makes about zero sense. Very sadly the connection was dropped and I went to sleep so we'll never know.

I called this afternoon and was told the itinerary was going to be 120k but because I have the US Airways Mastercard I got a 5k discount (I thought that was only for US Airways flights?). And the taxes came to $412.79 + $50 processing fee.

Now, ITA matrix is telling me that fuel surcharge is $452 for the SFO-LHR leg while the LHR-MXP leg is $52. So I'm not quite sure where the $412.79 comes from but it *appears* that I was indeed hit with the YQ.

In any case 115k DMs + $462.79 for flights around the holidays. I'll take it.
I don't think $462 includes YQ. You should have ticketed it right away if you like the itinerary.