FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OMAT holding a kickstarter to fund his travel
Old May 9, 2014, 1:01 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by hobo13
Noticed as well. I was shocked at how many of his backers are very experienced kickers (or whatever they call themselves). For the majority, this was not their first project to fund. I would have thought that Lucky's crowd didn't intersect with the Kickstarter crowd, and thus he was driving a whole new segment of the population (frequent flyers) to KS. And that would be hard to do, because he has to overcome inertia -- even if I wanted to fund this, I'm probably too lazy to setup an account! But no, the guys funding him appear to do this type of thing on a regular basis, so it's pretty easy for them to log in and toss him $10.

I just sat through an HR talk yesterday about 'working with millenials'. I guess I'm getting old.
They seem to treat kickstarter the way I treat Kiva: toss a few bucks when I think about it. But supposedly I get that money BACK.

I wonder how many of them are carrying revolving credit card debt as they burn Hamiltons that way. I wonder how many are maxing out their 401ks before tossing Hamiltons at 'sticking it to the man.'

I suppose I am officially old. And at so young an age. Alas.