FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying the Golden Lotus in Business to Danang
Old May 9, 2014, 9:38 am
ycp81

View of the cabin. No IFE on this sector and the flightmap which was supposed to be shown on the overhead screens was still stuck at the frozen image as on my previous sector. In the end, the purser just gave up on the flightmap and retracted the screens.

Offered another hot towel after the meal service and soon, we were starting our descent into Da Nang.

Landing in Da Nang Airport Rwy35R 10min ahead of schedule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaj_j2jeNfU

Disembarkation was through an airbridge this time round, and again economy pax was held back for us to exit the aircraft first. The stewardess thanked us for flying VN, but the purser just looked uninterested while standing at the aircraft door.

Down through the very new terminal to the baggage claim, and our bags were the first to appear after only a very short wait. Efficient!

Overall, apart from the sulky purser, it was again a rather nice flight on VN with great service by the stewardess serving us. I was quite impressed with the catering in Business Class for such short sector as economy passengers were only given a bottle of water each. And with VN pricing Business at only a small premium over Economy on this sector, it was definitely a great deal!

A hotel representative picked us up from the airport to transfer us to our hotel, as airport transfers were included in our room rate. We decided to stay at a newly opened 4-star hotel, Holiday Beach Hotel Danang, as it offers rather reasonable rates compared to the other luxurious beachside resorts.

Our room, which was not too big but was very clean, functional and comfortable.

Hotel pool. There is another rooftop pool which I did not take photos off.

Each morning, we would have buffet breakfast by the pool.