FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 8, 2014, 9:21 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mh1361
I was just approved for the Citi AA Platinum 50k offer, with a CL of $5300. Does that mean I'll have a similar CL if I apply for the executive in a few days? That would make it a bit tougher to manage the 10k before the first statement.
Reports are that Citi is giving higher CLs on the Exec than on the Plat. But if you do only get a $5K CL, that's not really a problem. Spend $5K right away, and quickly pay it off before the statement closes, then do another $5K in spend.

If you have a Citi checking acct, they may not let you pay it off from that acct until the statement closes. But you can either use WMBP, send an epayment from a checking account from different bank, or just call up the number on the back of the card and give them your checking acct info from a different bank.

I did $5K in OV the day I got my card. Two days later I paid it off with visits to 3 different WMs. Once those payments posted, I did another $5K OV, paid that off with WMBP, and was done with my min spnd in 10 days. One less thing to worry about.