FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 8, 2014, 9:01 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bobby21
That's interesting. Does having a sizeable balance in savings with Citi/Chase help approvals? I never park more than 5k in checking/savings as they earn nothing.
I don't really know. I'm guessing yes. I've had some tough Recon calls lately, due to my absurd amount of inquiries, where the computer has denied me, and I have to sweet talk the CSR into overriding it. At that point, I always tell them "you can look it up, I have $xxx dollars in my saving act with your bank". Does that help get me approved? I'm not even sure they can look it up. I don't know for certain it helps get me approved, but it can't hurt.

My main bank is always trying to get me to put my savings into CDs, etc. Interest rates are so low that I really can't be bothered with that. Just one more thing to have to account for when doing my tax return, with very little profit. I'd rather chase miles and points than an extra .25 % of taxable interest.