FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card
Old May 7, 2014, 3:23 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by craz
MM it was very smart of GD to send your friend back to RA to get the refund as CV did with me (mine was only $500) 1- this way RA doesnt end up paying any % to the CC nor GD either , 2- since they must know whats up they also get to deny any pts or miles that would have been earned had they sent a check then the % to the CC would have stayed in place as well as all the pts/miles earned

Who doesnt love using a CC to buy something then getting a ca$h refund and still keeping all the pts/miles.
indeed

in most cases, of course, they may mail a check (and you get the fee back and get the miles) but yes, in some cases this happens.

I have heard tons of stories though of how bad GD can be when people have issues. They pounce and bite. They accuse. Of course many use GD products for people in prison or with no income, so the company is used to scammers. But it has so many of its own stupid issues too.

No numbers on your store receipt correspond whatsoever to the card you purchased. I number mine myself.

If you buy more than like 4-5 cards in one transaction at a time, GD itself will get wonky and could lock up all the funds on the cards until you call in and suffer for a long time

If something doesnt activate or a clerk messes up, GD assumes the digits were somehow stolen and sends you on a wild goose chase.

If the clerk double scans a card by accident it becomes a dead soldier and many users do not know this. They walk out with a card that is bad. They have to deal with pains in getting their money out.

I could go on but they are worse than Bancorp in many ways.