FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Announces Planned Denver - Panama City Service, Starting 3 December 2014
Old May 7, 2014, 11:07 am
hobo13

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't think you read what I said.

I now book IAH-BOG for the lie-flat. I don't like to rely on CPU's (particuarly with CM, since they really only upgrade at T-24 and later). The UA P fares to latin america are basically comparable to CM's D fares, but much more widely available.

I also much prefer AV to CM for connections within Colombia.

I've logged many, many miles on CM. The service is inconsistent. I also had a horrible experience when they shut down their PTY hub for a long weekend due to systems failure. It took me six months and multiple emails to their CEO to get a refund of my refundable ticket.

These are all the reasons I personally now book away from CM.

But I don't disagree that for travel to PTY they are in many respects superior to UA.
I have all of one trip's worth experience on CM. I can easily imagine the onboard service to be inconsistent -- remember, my reference point was UA, which is the king of inconsistency. The service on the ground, at least during IRROPS, was horrible (almost non-existent). No argument there. They offered us 10K miles for our troubles (ok, not bad) but then I had to poke and prod for 3 months just to get them to follow through on what they proactively offered in the first place!