FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 7, 2014, 9:00 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by xrl789
Sorry for the dumb question, not your typical CC churner. About to apply for #2. I get that Citi isn't enforcing their own T&C right now, and if you are approved for the second card you can get the 100K bonus again. But it seems to me like a lot of people in this thread who are on card #s 3, 4, etc and confirming that trend are pretty quick spenders - they'll hit the 10K within the first statement closing. I'm pairing this with a different app and I estimate I'll take closer to the full 2-3 months to meet the Exec spend. What are your guys thoughts on the risk of Citi starting to enforce the T&C at some point over the next few months, and am I safe if I applied today but hadn't met the spend by then?
Totally safe. Once Citi gives you a card, as long as you meet the min spnd within the timeframe they set, you always get the bonus. A change in the rules Citi uses for approving apps would only apply to new apps, not cards already issued.

Sorry, I posted earlier that Citi is not enforcing it's own T/C. But that was incorrect. As KennyBSAT said 4 posts back, the T/C actually don't say that at all. I just went back and edited that post to remove that incorrect sentence.

Last edited by Brugge; May 7, 2014 at 9:10 am