FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 5, 2014, 4:57 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
[QUOTE=mh1361;22814637]
Originally Posted by Brugge

Thanks for responding. My main concern is the spend at this point. So far I've only done online credit card loads for Serve, and I've purchased two OneVanilla cards, and loaded one to my Serve account at WM. I'd like to get more acclimated to MF before taking on a 10k spend, esp if I try to cancel the card after the 1st billing period to avoid the AF. I'm also not really in a place where I can handle having 5k get frozen in my Serve account or something of the sort.
Totally understandable. So apply for the Plat now, and you have the rest of the month to see if you get more comfortable with MS. If you do, you can apply for the Exec. If not, you don't need to worry about it. Most of us started out slow, and learned as we went along. That way you are less likely to make a major mistake. There will be other cc offers that come along. And for all that we know, Citi may extend this one for many months.

Personally, I'm glad I don't have major MS to do right now. WM is in the process of changing their BP system a bit, and many of the cashiers don't quite understand how the new system works. Hopefully they'll have it all figured out by the time my wife and I are able to apply for new Exec cards.