FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 5, 2014, 1:00 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miles-dallas
Now the arrival gate has been updated to B26A. Sorry for this question; but how far is the train from this gate since my elderly parents walk slowly.
It's hard to say how far the train is from the arrival gate. This is my best attempt to show the positions of gate B26A (red circle), the Skyline train platform for B/C (purple circle) and the platform for Z (green circle). I'm not sure if this map (found on lufthansa.com) is to scale but the length of Z pier (Z50-69) is a little under half a mile so you get some idea of the distance.

Are they actually arriving in FRA tomorrow morning? If so, the arrival gate of LH755 is now showing as B23A which might be marginally closer. The departure gate of UA969 is shown as Z16 which is about the closest to the Skyline platform as one can get. However, I'm not certain where security clearance takes place as I have not followed this route for some time. It's possible that security check is in the central area of Pier Z (area marked in red) and they will have to walk there and back after getting off the Skyline train.

If they can walk the distance (approx. 3/4 mile), however slowly, 2.5 hours should be more than enough for the connection.