FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex
Old May 5, 2014, 7:55 am
Scottrick
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Scott from Hack My Trip has a post knocking the program awhile ago b/c points expire in 5 years regardless of usage, but that his dad could redeem for travel at 1.75cpp w/minimum redemption of 25,000 points. http://hackmytrip.com/2013/01/decept...ewards-points/

If that's still true, 43,000 sign-up bonus points are worth $752.50 in travel. I couldn't search the rewards site for travel options without an account though :/ Anybody know?
Dad still has the same card, but Wells Fargo unilaterally devalued the redemption to 1.5 cents each last year -- in addition to expiring points periodically ~2-5 years after they were earned. I confirmed from receipts that I originally got close to 1.75 cents in early 2013. Not sure when it happened, but I know they sent him an email, and it was in effect when I booked a ticket in December.

At that point he said, "Screw it," and told me to use them all up before he cancelled his card. He's not very happy, especially considering he has a private banking relationship and gives them a bunch of other business.