FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Halong Bay Cruise Recommendation
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2014, 4:29 am
mayodave
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
The law now dictates they all have to sail together and park up at night all next to each other, great if you want to listen to some awful karaoke and generators. This is since all those Taiwanese people died in the crash they did such a good job to cover up and blamed the deaths on the Taiwanese for not being good swimmers.

This is supposed to be a place of natural beauty but frankly its disgustingly dirty and over crowded. Due to the system of being able to buy anything you want there, there is now about 50% too many boats operating on the water to cater for all the dumb tourists who pay way over the odds for a cruise on a boat that might just stay afloat.

Originally Posted by astroflyer
I went with Paloma Cruises this January. With some negotiation we got it down to $160/person for 1 night. Is $400/person for 3 days/2 nights?

My personal take is that I would not bother with something like a balcony. All the cruise ships have a similar itinerary it seems, which means you're docked all right next to each other every night, all showing up at the same sights at the same time, etc., so there would not be a ton of privacy. I also found that the cruise was so scheduled to the 5 minutes with so many neat and stupid activities, which the tour directed insisted you do, that we spent very little time in the room anyway.

I'm not sure I'm helping with Paradise cruises, but unless you're going to get a boat that isn't doing the exact same itinerary everyone else does, I would work on spending a bit less money.